Client: Department of Atomic Energy
Location: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Status: Completed 2007
Area: 69930 sqft
Services: Restoration and Expansion
The existing structure was strengthened and restored keeping in mind new requirements of the user. The original building was completed in 1881. John Adams was the architect for the for the club premises. In 1976 due to structural reasons about one third of the existing building was demolished and R.C.C. interventions introduced.
SNK was appointed to restore the old existing building and reconstruct the demolished section. Once a retreat for the city's resident Europeans, the Old Yacht Club is today a hub for the Department of Atomic Energy.